Friday, September 14, 2007

Rascal Flatts

I have a thing for the country group Rascal Flatts. It's true, I'm totally addicted. I don't care what you say about them -- call them a boy band, call them non-country, call them gay (Todd). It doesn't matter to me. I just dig 'em. Period.

It all began back when I was still living in Provo. It feels like a million lifetimes ago(!), but it was 2001 (I think). Laura and I used to listen to their first CD over and over and over again in the car. Wherever we went, no matter who was driving, we'd be belting out the Flatts tunes. Oh, Gary! Oh, Jay! Oh, Joe Don!

The obsession was born. It was before the legions of fans, before the sold out tours, before they became the "it" group of country music. Laura and I went to see them in Salt Lake City, where they opened for Toby Keith. I went to see them last summer at Nissan Pavilion, and I returned to the same spot last weekend for the hands-down best show of the them all. Below is a pic:

Their new album comes out next week and they'll be hosting a private show at Ned Devine's in Sterling, VA, on the 26th. The only way to get tickets is to win them by listening to 98.7 WMZQ. If you take me, I'll be your BFF. No lie.

OK, seriously... do I sound like a crazed teenager or what?

No comments: