Thursday, January 7, 2010

Merry Christmas from AZ

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I'm a little behind.  I do, in fact, realize that Christmas was a few weeks ago. For the three of you who read this blog - I thought I'd share a few thoughts and photos of the festivities.

I was much more in the Christmas spirit this year than last.  We even put up the tree the weekend after Thanksgiving!  So unheard of for me.  We got a fake tree from Target on Black Friday.  We were so happy when we went to Target that afternoon that they still had some in stock.  Thanks, Michael, for perusing the ads (one of his favorite things to do, by the way) and finding that steal!



It's funny how all my ornaments together off the tree look like a pile of garbage, but once on the tree they all somehow seem to go together to create a pretty cute tree, if I do say so myself.  I love it. 

Tree up.  Score! 

Problem #1:  A tree skirt.  I guess I'm just picky, but most of the skirts I've seen in stores are either 1) way too expensive, or 2) UG-LY.  I found this super-cute fabric at Jo-Anne's and had to buy it.  It's my goal to make a tree skirt out of it sometime before next Christmas.  And I can make it on my own now.  Santa got me a simple sewing machine for Christmas.  Hooray!  THANK YOU, SANTA!!



Problem #2:  A tree topper.  Our tree is 6' and narrow.  Most tree toppers are HUGE and fall right over once placed on the top.  As you can see from the pictures, we went without one this year.  But.... the other day I was in Hobby Lobby (oh how I love thee!) and found for the whopping price of 60 cents this cute little topper.  It's made for those small table trees, but fits our tree just fine.  Not exactly what I was looking for, but for 60 cents I'll make it work until the *one true* comes along.  Maybe a fresh coat of paint is all it needs.



Enough with the decorations. :)

We spent a quiet Christmas again in Arizona, just the two of us.  As much as we would have loved to have been in Virginia with my family, sometimes it's nice just to relax and not have anywhere to be but home together.  Hope your Christmas was merry and that Santa was good to you!


1 comment:

Rebel said...

Oh Shellie! I miss you so much!