Monday, February 15, 2010

My Olympics Commentary

I LOVE the Olympics!

Always have, always will.  I love watching competitions that normally are not on TV.  I cringe with the world when the figure skaters fall down and rejoice when the underdog comes away with the gold.  I can't remember a time when I didn't watch the Olympics.

It was pretty darn cool to be living in Utah when the 2002 Olympics rolled through town.  Yeah, I went to Olympic events in 2002 in Salt Lake City.  It was awesome - a once-in-a-lifetime kind of awesome.

However, my big bone to pick this year is the lack of live coverage here in Arizona.  Seriously?  We are one time zone away from Vancouver and yet we don't get anything live?  We get the tape delay in prime-time.  Whatever.  It so ruins the fun knowing my family and friends back east are getting the live coverage and I have to wait a couple of hours to catch up, when there's no reason we can't all watch together from coast to coast.

We got the Superbowl live here and other such sporting events.  But not the Olympics?  Really?

I'm not bitter or anything.  :)

No comments: