Friday, April 30, 2010

It's a mystery

Alas, I am back in Arizona.  It's good to see Michael after two weeks apart, but I sure did have fun with my family and friends in Virginia.

Anyhoo.... what happens when you leave the boy home alone for 2+ weeks?

Two things.

1.  I came home to find this:

the faucet in the kitchen

Nice gaping hole, don't you think?

 Ew.  Just ew.

I believe our conversation went something like this:
Me:  "Uh... what happened to the faucet?  Why is it all crooked and out of whack?"
Michael:  "I don't know."
Me:  "Where did that gaping hole come from?"
Michael:  "I don't know.  It just happened."

Mmmm hmmmm.

OK then, we'll just chalk this one up to one of life's mysteries.  Not that I'm complaining one little bit.  That faucet is disgusting -- all calcified and corroded.  And it's not my problem.  Ah, one of the upsides of renting.


2.  There is no food in the house. 

None.  Fridge empty.  Cupboards bare.  (OK, so I am being slightly dramatic here, but you get the idea.)

Today I set out to solve that problem, since, unlike the kitchen faucet, that one is my problem.  I headed out to my favorite little fruit and vegetable market in Mesa and this is what I brought home:


Why do I even feel the need to mention this place?  Aside from being totally awesome, it's also pretty dang cheap.  This is what I got today:

3 cartons strawberries
1 carton blackberries
1 carton blueberries
2 limes
3 avocadoes
4 baking potatoes
2 fresh ears of corn
2 cucumbers
bunch of celery hearts
bag of baby carrots
3 Pink Lady apples
1 head of Romaine lettuce
1 head of red leaf lettuce

All for a whopping $10.93.  That's it.  $10.93.

I think that's the most I've ever spent there, too.  I usually come out having spent only $7 or $8.

Right after that I went to the regular grocery store where they were selling the same size cartons of strawberries and blueberries for 2 for $5.


I'm such a nerd.  But then, if you are reading this you already knew that.


I'm lucky that that's all I came home to find.  Michael even switched sides of the closet with me.  (Why he was using the bigger side I'll never know).   He moved and organized(!!) everything himself while I was gone.  What a guy! :)

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Now THAT is a guy! I need a store like that for my produce! YUM!