Thursday, April 29, 2010

Let's get one thing straight

Gasp.

My loyalties have been questioned.  My faith has been challenged.

It has come to my attention that some may question where I really stand, given my teeny little obsession with the color red.

Let's put those shameful rumors to rest forever.

Despite my love of red.
Despite the fact that it's been 12 years since I received my degree.
Despite my graduate degree from an uppity, over priced, liberal east coast school.
Despite the constant taunting from my husband and family.
Despite being the ONLY ONE in my entire family.

I did.
I do.
I will forever
without a doubt
10000%
BLEED BLUE

Come on.

I know every single word to this song.  I'll gladly sing it for you if you want.

I did work here for five years after I graduated.  Still consider it my best job ever.  Best coworkers ever.

I'm proud to say that I wore blue to every single sporting event I ever attended during my nine years in Provo.  And if you know me, that's a lot.
Even now, once a week or so, I can be found sporting a BYU t-shirt or socks or something.


Just because I love accessorizing in red, it in no way changes the very fiber of my being.

Loyal, strong, and true I will forever be.


I rest my case.

3 comments:

Mandi said...

Thank you Shellie, for SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT. Phew. I lost sleep over that. I knew I could count on you to be true to the fatih. ;) ;)

Janet Latta said...

i like the "best co-workers" part!

Lara said...

I didn't know you were a BYU bookstore alum too. I worked at the candy counter there for 2 or 3 years! Awesome post!

PS You caught my dad's eye with this post who now thinks you are officially the coolest person ever!