Thursday, May 13, 2010

Overdue post

Thanks to a larger than anticipated tax return this year, I was able to hop on a plane and visit Virginia.  It was the first time I'd been back in since we got married in Oct. 2008.  I've never gone that long without a visit, even during my nine years in Provo.  Thankfully my parents, brother, brother-in-law, and BFF Laura were able to visit Arizona during that year and a half, and we made a quick trip to Utah once to visit friends there.

Otherwise I'd have gone insane.

Have I mentioned that spring is awesome in Northern Virginia?  I went from seeing the hot, brown desert in the morning to this in course of one day:

Of course, I didn't go just to take in the view.  I also had fun with my family, especially those I hadn't seen since I left:


I had fun hanging out with the girls:


Saw a few sights:

Visited a few favorite places that aren't in Arizona:

I finally had a good gyro for the first time since I'd left the east coast:

Had to bring Michael back a souvenir:
Dear Michael,  
This is what you asked for.  In return you are never, ever allowed to badmouth the Skins.  EVER.
Kthanksbye.  -S

All in all it was fun, successful, fantastic trip.  Can't wait to go back!  And I just might next week.  But that's a different story for a different day.  :)

3 comments:

Mandi said...

Question: do you pronounce your gyro's "Hero", or GI-RO? ;)

Looks so fun! Soo jealous. Virginia rocks!

Shellie said...

yeeeeeeee-ro

Anonymous said...

These are actually enormous ideas in concerning blogging.
You have touched some good points here. Any way keep up wrinting.


my web-site :: cccam channel info