Saturday, January 22, 2011

Congrats Laura & John!

I've known Laura since my freshman year of college when we lived in the same seven-story dorm.  We were on different floors so I really only knew her in passing.  The next year we wound up living in the same off-campus apartment complex and became friends.  The following year we were roommates.  Sometime in the middle of this my brother went on his two-year LDS mission, briefly serving in her hometown.  She took him a care package from me once and her parents even fed him a couple of times.

Fast forward a few years.  We'd both graduated college, moved elsewhere, and started full-time jobs.  I was in a tight spot and needed a new place to live.  She happened to be in a place that had an empty room.  Problem solved and we were roommates once again.  By this time her parents had moved to Utah and we'd go visit them on a regular basis.  One summer she flew to VA with me and spent time with me and my family. 

Sometime in late 2002 or early 2003 I started to feel like my time in Utah had come to an end.  It was time to move on.  She came to the same conclusion and we both quit our jobs and moved out here to Virginia together, where we were roommates once again.  That was almost eight years ago; I can't believe how fast time flies.

We're tight.  We've been through a lot together.  There have been jobs and boys and crappy roommates and crazy bosses and families and friends and inside jokes and tonsillectomies and ... you get the idea.  If I'd had bridesmaids at my wedding there would have only been two:  my sister and Laura.

Today was a big day for Laura:  she married John in the Washington DC Temple and I, along with my whole family, was able to be a part of their big day.  :)

Congrats, Laura and John!  xoxoxo



 It was freeeeeeeezing outside.  See me with gloves on and her with no sleeves?  Crazy.

2 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Oh so cute! Congrats to Laura! Yay!

Allison said...

that is really exciting! congrats laura!!